Cherry Maple Pie
- 1 Pie crust: Prepare or purchase whole wheat pie crust (regular flour pie shell is ok too)
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1 1/4 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 9 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash of almond extract
- Line pie plate with bottom crust.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for pie to sit on during baking.
- Place the pitted cherries, Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly.
- Lower the heat simmer for a couple of minutes or until the juice starts to thicken.
- Remove from pan, stir in almond extract and butter. Allow for filling to cool to room temperature.
- Pour filling into pie shell, place top pie crust on pie, crimp edges and cut vents for steam Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until crust is gold brown
- Allow pie to cool before serving!