Maple & Apple Braised Red Cabbage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 medium crisp apples (such as Gala), cut into matchsticks, splashed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste Freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the apples and continue cooking the mixture for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender (about another 8 minutes). Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm until ready to serve.