- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, syrup and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into mixture until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire rack.