Maple Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. Macaroni (1 regular-sized box)
- 4-5 slices Bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Fuller's Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2-2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- In a large pan, cook bacon until browned and somewhat crisp. Remove bacon from fat and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Drain fat from pan and white out with a paper towel. Return the pan to the stove and melt ⅓ cup butter over medium heat (alternatively, you could use ⅓ cup drained bacon fat). Add flour and stir until combined. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk, 1 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth and thickened.
- Add Fuller's Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup, salt, red pepper flakes, cooked bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir until melted and combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain.
- Combine macaroni and sauce in the pot and pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish or a 9″x9″ pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until pasta and sauce are hot and bubbling.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.