Maple Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 (approx. 2lb) butternut squash, cored and cut lengthwise
- 1 lb. pound pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 cup packed freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- to taste salt and pepper
- about 1 c. water as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into a baking dish and place the butternut squash halves cut side down.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the squash from the skins and put into a blender. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in the olive oil over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes, then add to the blender
- Next, add water, Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, parmesan cheese, salt, and nutmeg to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and season as needed. If sauce is thick, add more water.
- Once sauce is complete, pour into a small pot over low heat. Mix in the sour cream and warm it through. Do not let the sauce boil.
- While making sauce, boil water for your pasta. Once pasta is ready, drain water.
- Mix cooked pasta with sauce and serve.