Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Shortening
3/4 cup Honey
3/4 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2½ cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
2 cups (12 ounces) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled).
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to maple syrup mixture and mix just until moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Next, drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool. Makes 5 dozen.