Maple Frosted Red Velvet Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
For the Maple Butter Frosting
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4–6 tablespoons Fuller’s Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the buttermilk, oil, vinegar and vanilla in a large bowl, then slowly whisk in the dry ingredients mixture. Stir until combined, then add in the food coloring.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. While the cupcakes are cooling, begin making the Maple Butter Frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Once combined, gradually add Fuller’s Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup. Frosting should be light and spreadable.
- After the cupcakes are completely cooled, decorate as desired.