Maple Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- to taste Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, shallot, rosemary, lemon juice, Dijon and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine maple syrup mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more rosemary, if desired.