Maple Sticky Buns
- 2 packages Active dry yeast
- 2 cups Warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 cups All-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Fuller's Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- Additional brown sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add shortening, sugar, egg, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16×10-in. rectangle.
- On each rectangle, spread 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts. Pour Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Tightly roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Slice each roll into 10 pieces; place over syrup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes; invert onto serving plates.