Salted Maple Caramel Sauce
1 C. Fuller’s Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
2 T. Butter
1/4 C. Heavy Cream
1/4 t. Kosher or Sea Salt
Special Tools: Candy Thermometer
- Pour maple syrup into a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom. Fit the pan with a clip-on candy thermometer. Use a pan tall enough to allow the maple syrup to foam up as it boils.
- Boil syrup until it reaches 225-230 degrees F.
- Remove syrup from heat and add the butter, stirring until it melts.
- Add the cream and salt and mix in gently. Note: the mixture will be very hot. Do not stir too much, just enough to blend the butter and cream. Too much stirring can cause the mixture to crystallize.
- Pour into a heat safe jar and let cool before refrigerating. It will thicken as it cools and will thicken further in the refrigerator.