Zucchini Maple Muffins
- 1 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Fuller's Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 1/3 cups, plus extra for sprinkling old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by either greasing it with cooking spray or lining the cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined. Set aside
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredient mixture, and stir with a spoon until just combined. (Do not overmix.) Stir in the zucchini and oats until just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly between 12 baking cups. Then sprinkle extra oats on top of each, if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack, then serve the muffins warm. Or let cool to room temperature, then store in a sealed container for up to 2 days, or freeze.