Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Glaze
For the Donuts:
- 1 C. and 2 T. All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/4-1/2 t. Sea Salt
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- 1 large Egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 C. Fresh Apple Cider
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 t. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Syrup
- 4 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1-1/4 C. Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 T. Fuller's Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 T. Dark Corn Syrup or Karo
- 1/2 T. Water
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 º F (177 º C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. In a small separate bowl, whisk the egg. Set both aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the apple cider, sugar and butter, stirring continuously until butter has just melted. Remove from heat, let cool for 2 minutes, and stir in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and whisked egg. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry; stir well with a whisker until combined and almost no lumps are visible.
- Using a tablespoon or a cookie scooper, spoon/scoop batter into a donut pan (3/4 full). Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes (standard-size baked donuts) or for 6-7 minutes (mini baked donuts), or until light brown and cooked through. Let cool for 2-3 minutes on a rack. Then, remove baked donuts from pan and place them directly on a rack to cool completely before dipping into glaze.
- For the Glaze, Whisk everything together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Set rack of donuts over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dip the top of the baked donuts into the maple glaze, turning to coat well. Let baked donuts rest on rack until glaze sets.