Maple Bacon Chicken Quesadilla
For the Maple Bacon
1 lb. uncooked sliced bacon (unflavored)
2 T. Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
2 T. Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar
1 T. Dry Mustard
1/2 T. Himalayan Salt
1/4 T. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 T. Cumin
For the Quesadillas
2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken, cooked and cut
1 1/2 C. Shredded Mexican Cheese
12 Flour Tortillas
(optional) vegetables such as green and red peppers, corn, onion
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Wrap a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, add Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar, mustard, salt, and cayenne pepper and cumin. Mix well.
- Coat the bacon by dredging it in the maple mixture. Place the bacon in a single layer onto the wire rack.
- Bake in the center of the oven for approx. 25 – 30 minutes. Check frequently. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the rack. Break into size of your preference.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grill gate.
- Begin building quesadilla. Start with a tortilla, sprinkle a thin layer of cheese, then bacon and chicken and desired vegetables. Add more cheese before placing the top tortilla on.
- Grill until crispy and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas in wedges and serve.