Maple Beer Chili Chicken Wings Recipe
1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
1/2 cup dark beer, preferably porter
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
3 tablespoons chili powder
3 to 3 1/2 pounds (about 15 to 17) chicken wings, tips removed
(for frying) Canola oil
- Place ingredients from maple syrup through chili powder in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened and syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 to 4 inches of canola oil.
- Heat to 350 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, test the oil’s heat by adding a bit of chicken fat to the hot oil. It should sizzle and float to the top, surrounded by bubbles.
- Cook wings in batches for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cover with sauce.Toss well.