Maple Bourbon Chili
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 15 oz Can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 c Bourbon
- 1/4 c Fuller’s Sugarhouse Pure Maple Syrup
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and continue to cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, then add seasonings: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bourbon, and maple syrup. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.